CSI’s Student of the Month Award aims to recognize outstanding Conestoga students who demonstrate unique achievement in leadership, community involvement and service to others.
This award has been established to acknowledge students who inspire to create dialogue and foster a great sense of community through participation in events, lectures, or other forms of community engagement.
This is to be awarded to Conestoga full-time students on the basis of academic merit and the candidate’s ability to demonstrate their leadership skills through extra-curricular and/or community involvement.
The recipient of the Student of the Month award shall receive a certificate and $1,000.
The Student of the Month award is open to currently enrolled full-time students at Conestoga College. The following criteria will be considered in evaluating applications:
- Does the student demonstrate academic excellence?
- Are leadership skills demonstrated through extra-curricular and or community involvement?
- Does the student demonstrate interest in public service?
- Does the student promote dialogue that promotes cross-cultural & social discourse?
- Does the student engage with communities within and outside of campus boundaries?
- Does the student engage a significant portion of the student community?
How to apply
Applicants must fill out all components of the application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must include the following:
- Student of the Month Award Application Form.
- Letters of support: The application must include at least two letters of support for the applicant from students, faculty, staff, alumni, or a community member. At least one of these must be from a Conestoga College faculty or staff member.
- The student of the month becomes available on the first day of every month.
- Applications are due by the 15th of every month. Applications submitted after the 15th will be considered the following month.
- The successful candidate for this award will be announced before the end of every month
Due to the holiday season, the Student of the Month deadline for December and January will be as follows:
Applications submitted after these dates will be considered in the following month.