Each year, eight students are elected as Directors on the CSI Board of Directors to represent the students of Conestoga College and set the organization’s future vision.
Of the eight Directors, one Director position is reserved for an Indigenous student to ensure Indigenous voices are represented at the highest decision-making level of CSI.
Together, these individuals take your experiences, feedback, and opinions to heart and decide how CSI should serve you and make your student experience the best it can be!
Want to get involved and run for a position with the Board of Directors?
Check out the three steps below.
Step 1: Nominate Yourself
To run in the CSI Board of Directors election, you must nominate yourself as a candidate for the position of Director.
In March, nominations open to current Conestoga College students. Any student seeking to run in the election must:
- Be a fee-paying member of Conestoga Students Inc.
- Not have a Co-op from September to April,
- Be at least 18 years old,
- Have a 70% average in the prior semester (unless it is your first semester), and
- Have a clean College Code of Conduct, a clean CSI Code of Conduct, and be a member in good standing.
If you meet these requirements, you can complete a nomination package! Nomination packages require you to:
- Obtain 10 student signatures,
- Obtain 2 faculty signatures,
- Submit a 500-word application outlining who you are, why you are running, and what will make you a good student leader,
- Submit your most recent Student Achievement Record (if applicable),
- Agree to a college record check, and
- Submit your bio, platform, and picture.
CSI also prohibits candidates from printing extra flyers, using social media, and co-campaigning.
Step 2: Campaign
Once you have nominated yourself and the Primary Electoral Officer (PEO) has verified your nomination package, it is time to prepare for your campaign.
Campaigning lasts for ten business days, and it is your time to pitch your campaign to other students to encourage them to vote for you.
CSI helps you during your campaign by:
- Printing 50 flyers for distribution,
- Hang posters, designed by you, across all campuses,
- Facilitate hallway booth bookings, and
- Record and share a promotional video of you on CSI’s website and social media accounts.
Step 3: Vote
The last step to running in the election is encouraging students to vote!
The final week of campaigning is also the voting week and takes place for five business days through online voting. After voting closes, the PEO will notify the candidates and release the results publicly through CSI’s communication platforms.
Watch CSI’s communication platforms for information about the 2022-2023 CSI Board of Directors’ Election. Information will be announced in the Winter 2022 semester.
Want to get involved now?
Check out CSI’s employment positions, clubs, and events!