BREAKING: “The provincial government has effectively destroyed student representation at the college level and made post-secondary education less affordable by making student association fees optional and financial assistance less accessible.”
By making student association fees optional, post-secondary students could lose access to:
· Fair and transparent academic appeals,
· Access to on-campus food banks, breakfast programs and food cupboards,
· Scholarships and bursaries,
· Student clubs and groups,
· Student employment opportunities,
· Federal, provincial and local advocacy efforts.
“Without student associations, there is no one to hold institutions accountable for decisions surrounding fee increases, programming, or strategic plans.”
More news to come on this matter in coming weeks.